Monday, December 7, 2009

The Exercise of Faith

I might not be the world's most optimistic person...


I once used to wonder if i was the only one who faced struggles. Silly i know. Who's life got no struggles, tell me! If you don't, you're lying, so really, stop pretending. So, embrace them!

Why embrace, yes?

Because without all these troubles, i realise i probably would have taken God for granted. My journey of life would be smooth-sailing and i'd probably still be the girl who hates to go to Sunday School once upon a time. And maybe, i'd never have the friendships i have now. I've learnt it's okay to be vulnerable sometimes. It's okay to turn to a friend when you're going through a tough time.

"It's the rough part that makes you really thankful you have someone to share with."

So yes, there is a divine purpose God put us through this 'wilderness'. All i have to do is look up and seek Him. Then i'm reminded i will always have friends a phone call away and God, just a whisper away.

"I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

And with time and time again, He pulls my feet up. :)

Ah, how do i manage yes? Being optimistic is definitely good, no doubt but i doubt that everyone feels the same way. Personally, being grateful for all things i've been blessed with beats all kinds of optimism out there.


... but i pull through.

Don't lose out on your faith, and we'll keep striving for a new day!
Have a blessed week, everybody.
x.

No comments: