Friday, February 19, 2010

It's 4:03

I tossed and turned all night long like a restless baby. How long have i been staring at this freakin' ceiling! Memorizing every detail - a stretch of water patch, cracked plaster, flowers, more flowers - and unconsciously tracing a finger in the air. Oh if there was an exam - a ceiling exam *scoff* how i would totally pass.

And so, as i slowly traced my finger across every end of the ceiling, the water patch started to mutate? into what is that - a pair of eyes? My gaze drifted to the cracked plaster, wait, no, a nose?! Hoo-boy, the hours are finally working its magic. And oh, the flowers! Oh gosh, are they smiling at me? A rather warm smile for flowers, i'd say. And hm, quite a familiar pair of eyes. Beautiful gray, sparkling eyes.

Stop torturing me, i whispered loudly.

But no, they kept smiling, staring, swirling.

"Hah!" I let out a sigh of defeat. I pushed the covers aside, reached over to the little table - idling? - beside my bed and grabbed the cordless phone, punched in those familiar numbers and waited.

Dialtone.

Oh boy, what am i thinking? It's 4:03. Am i nuts am i nuts am i nutsssss.

Dialtone.

I am counting till 3 and if there is no answer-

"Hello?"

No comments: